More Resources and Tips
Listed below are some additional articles and resource lists that may be helpful to you as a caregiver. If you have started reading The Four Stages of Caregiving or Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders, you may have seen references to these specific articles, which we wanted to bring together in a special section for quick reference. Some of these are also included, along with preventative health tips and other information you may find useful, in the Aging Topics section of our web site. Click on the titles listed below:
- Looking for Ways to Manage the Stress
- Gifts for Caregivers
- How To Deal With Wandering
- Benefits For Older Veterans And Their Families
- How Do I Resolve Consumer Problems?
- Help Stop Elder Abuse
- Ten Questions To Ask When Choosing A Home Care Provider
- What Is Low Vision?
- Florida’s Disabled Parking Program: How Do I Enroll?
- Toll-Free Information Lines
- Disaster Preparedness For Those With Special Needs
- Choosing a Residential Care Facility
- What is an Elder Law Attorney?
- Making Medical Decisions for Another Person
- Decisions About Driving
For additional caregiver resources, click on the following links or use the main menu of the For Caregivers section:
Many government-funded programs and private businesses serving seniors and caregivers in Florida’s Pasco and Pinellas Counties are listed with the Senior Helpline of the Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc. (AAAPP).